Friday, July 25, 2014

Lucy - One Badd Bish!

Ever watch a movie, and when it was finished, you were confused by your feelings toward the movie, but you'd watch it again?  That's how we felt about Lucy starring ScarJo (that's Scarlett Johansson to you).  I went to see the movie with my movie buddy, E, and one of my closets friends who happens to be his girlfriend, K.  E and I kinda dragged her along.  E and I both agreed that we would watch it again, but couldn't decided if we liked it or not, and K, well, she made it through it.

Lucy is a French-American sci-fi action film with very little action, a lot of asians, and a whole lot of science-fiction.  Lucy has ingested a powerful drug that is allowing her to use more of her brain capacity because humans only use 7% of their brain power.  Because of this drug, she continues to use more and more of her brain power as the day continues which causes her to evolve in a way that allows her to have complete control over just about everything and everyone.  Morgan Freeman's character, Professor Norman, has studied the human mind his whole career and is eager to learn from Lucy how her newfound brain capacity effects her.  Throughout all of this, some asian drug dealers are after her to get their drugs back.

The movie is intriguing.  I was very eager to see what was going to happen next.  There wasn't nearly as much action as we would have liked, and the end got to be EXTREMELY science-fiction.  I don't know what we were supposed to learn at the end of the movie, but I was entertained and questioned if more brain capacity is a good thing.  For sci-fi junkies, it's a must see and I feel like it will be a cult classic.  I, also, feel like I need to see it again.  Lucy is one of those movies that every time you watch it, you'll catch something else.  Is it great?  I'm undecided, but I'll give it another chance, and so should you because regardless of how I feel about it, Lucy is one badd bish!

No comments:

Post a Comment