Monday, August 19, 2013

Kick Ass 2 - Where super nerds go to meet...

I'm sure most of you are not going to go see Kick Ass 2, and I'd understand why, but if you want some mindless humor and light-hearted comedy then give it a try.  I have the first one on dvd because I thought it was a really clever message behind a very cute movie.  I can't say Kick Ass 2 is quite as cute, but the clever message is still the same.

Kick Ass 2 stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson as the home-made super hero, Kick Ass, who is trying to figure out how who he is when he's not being a super hero who has inspired many others to join rank.  Chloe Grace Moretz is Hit Girl, a young bad arse super hero who is mourning her father, Big Daddy, trying to be a normal teenager, and discovering her purpose in life without the mask.  Jim Carrey is Colonel Stars and Stripes, and he helps Kick Ass get a group of super heros together to take down the riff raff of New York City.  The king of the the riff raff, home-made super Villian, The MotherF*cker, is set on revenge against Kick Ass who killed his father.  The MFer is played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse, the nerd in Superbad.  John Leguizamo and Morris Chestnut round out this quirky cast.

This isn't a great movie by any means, but it is action-packed, gory, inspirational, nerdy, and funny.  I can't say that I liked it as much as the original.  No big surprise there.  At one point, I said to myself this is the corniest, dorkiest, nerdiest movie, but I'd watch it again if nothing else was on tv.  You may want to wait until it comes on tv, but when it does, check it out, and let your inner super nerd fly free.

No comments:

Post a Comment