Friday, August 30, 2013

You're Next - Should be Who's Next?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love a bad arse chick in a movie.  I love a girl who isn't dependent upon a man to get the job done, to rescue her, or to protect her from the villain.  It's not necessary.  We're not all damsels in distress.   Erin, played by Sharni Vinson a small time Australian actress, is the kick arse type of female in the movie You're Next, and proves she can handle things herself.

Simply, You're Next is about a wealthy family being terrorized and picked off one by one by animal masked marauders.  The only hitch in their murderous plan is Erin, the girlfriend of one of this families' sons.  She has some very interesting survival instincts which slows them down, and she fights back until the very end.  At one point, I thought she was gonna be like who's got next?  Instead of them picking her off, she took them down, one by one.

This movie is action packed, a little unpredictable, very bloody, and slightly gory.  I loved it!  Breath holding and pulse racing, it had me cheering and laughing at the seemingly beauty at which Erin beats the life out of folks.  Why this is happening is unsurprising, but who's behind it all is not.  I love that I was shocked when the culprit was revealed because although the answer ran across my mind, I didn't want to believe it, and neither will you.  I totally would watch this again and pick up a few more survival techniques.  I just hope I'm never in a situation where dudes are shooting at me with crossbows and trying to hack off my head with a machete.  If so, I hope I could be as tough as Erin, and be like naw fools you're next.

Next week:  Vin Diesel reprises is best role as Riddick, and I can NOT wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment