Friday, November 30, 2012

Lincoln - No vampires died...

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, unlike this Lincoln movie.  Lincoln tells the story of how President Lincoln and his cohorts got enough votes in the House of Representatives to pass the 13th Amendment to abolish slavery and end the Civil War.  It stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, and Tommy Lee Jones.  Steven Spielberg directed it.  The movie which already has Oscar buzz disappoints.  No vampires die, nothing blows up, no aliens come to take over the world, and no one has magical powers.  This might explain why I feel asleep a few times during the 2 1/2 hours.

There was a school group there watching for educational purposes, but they couldn't sit still long enough to learn anything because it was so boring!  The most exciting and dramatic part was the counting of the votes, and even though I knew the outcome, I was still at the edge of my seat, holding my breath, waiting for a finally tally, but I had to wait 2 hours to get there.  I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone.  I almost walked out several times, but I was in the middle of the theater surrounded by a bunch of pre-teens.  This movie will win someone an Oscar, but it wins nothing but thumbs down for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment