Friday, December 13, 2013

The Hobbit 2 - Ain't nobody got time for that long arse name or movie

I'm going to keep this short and sweet unlike this 3 hour movie...The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is long but entertaining if you can stay awake through it all.  I'm not 100% sure what's happening throughout the entire film, but I will say this sequel is slightly easier to follow than the first one: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

From what I can understand, the dwarves and Bilbo, a hobbit, have to go to this castle to steal the Arkenstone from a dragon to help Thorin, the leader of the dwarves, reclaim his kingdom somehow.  At the same time, they are being chased by Orcs, these hideous creatures, and elves.  One of the elves has kinda fallen for one of the dwarves who is in danger.  Gandolf is somewhere with his brother, at least I think it's his brother, doing something for some reason.  That part I clearly didn't understand.

Needless to say, there was a lot of action and the dragon and other creatures were pretty cool.  I did fall asleep for about 15 minutes, but when you have 3 hours to sit there, what's 15 minutes?  The sequel was much better than the first, and if this is anything like The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the third one will be even better and even longer.  We'll see how true this statement is next year.  Until then, I'll take a few naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment