Monday, December 30, 2013

Top 5 movies of 2013 - My list is arguable and that's fine with me.

Can you believe 2013 is pretty much over?  I feel like it just started and I was eagerly awaiting new movies such as Catching Fire, Fast 6, Iron Man 3, and Despicable Me 2.  I've seen all of those and many more.  It was tough trying to decide which were my top favorites because there were actually some really good movies out this year.  Most on my list won't be on yours like Iron Man 3, and we could argue all day why or why not, but this is my blog and these are my opinions.  Let's get into it:

5.  Star Trek Into Darkness - This movie is on the list for being my favorite sci-fi movie this year.  As I stated in my review,  "It's very hard to do a prequel, let alone a sequel to a prequel...".  As a self-proclaimed trekkie, I enjoyed how they tied the old with the new and kept it fresh and entertaining.  Check out my thoughts on the prequel sequel, or is it sequel prequel?  Star Trek Into Darkenss review

4.  Fast and Furious 6 - The movie with the most man candy should definitely make the list.  I don't know how this franchise keeps getting better especially after a few bust in the middle, but Fast 6 might be the best of the bunch.  After the sudden passing of Paul Walker, I wonder how many more they can make.  Fast 7 is set to be finished and released in 2015, but for now read my review and go check out the film if you haven't already.  Fast and Furious 6 review

3.  Best Man Holiday - After waiting 14 years to make a sequel to The Best Man, they had better gotten it right, and they did.  This was the most moving movie of the year.  I told you to bring a box of kleenex with you, but I hope you also brought your funny bone because BMH brought the laughs too.  It was great to see what some of our favorite character were doing and how they have evolved with time.  This is such a great movie to watch throughout the whole year, and you can read my review throughout the entire year as well.  The Best Man Holiday review

2.  Despicable Me 2 - My coworkers would unfriend me if this didn't make the list since we are all pretty much obsessed with minions.  I absolutely positively loved Despicable Me, and I was over the moon when I heard there would be a sequel.  I was even happier when it was just as funny if not funnier than the first.  Despicable Me 2 is the best animated film this year, and I hope my review will convince you to see it if you haven't already.  Despicable Me 2 review

1.  World War Z - There weren't any vampire movies this year for me to place on the list, but zombies made up for it.  I'm not into zombie movies, but World War Z and Brad Pitt were pretty bad arse.  The action and graphics were amazing!  I was on the edge of my seat, and looking over my shoulder for a zombie attack.  My review is short and sweet, but don't let my few words fool ya.  This is one great movie that everyone will enjoy.  It's the best zombie movie of 2013, and to me, the best movie of 2013.
World War Z review


And what is the worst movie of the year?  It's a tie between Tyler Perry's Temptation and Monsters University.  Both had their problems and issues.  I wouldn't recommend either.  Temptations review


In 2013, we saw many sequels and prequels.  The next year shall bring even more.  I'm most excited to see the new Transformers and X-Men movies.  I hope they live up to their predecessors.  Check out this  list for 2014'a upcoming movies, and check back here with Coach C for my thoughts on them all (or all that I get to see).  Have a happy and healthy new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment