Sunday, March 2, 2014

Congratulations to the winners!!!

Congratulations to all the winners of Academy Awards tonight.  Ellen as host was excellent.  Check out this awesome group photo that she took live during the Oscars!



I never thought when I watched 12 Years a Slave that it'd win for best picture, but of the movies on the list that I have seen, it was the best. I'm very happy for Steve McQueen and everyone who worked on the film, but I'm most happy for Lupita Nyong'o.  She won for best supporting actress!  It's so amazing because this was her first ever film after just graduating from college only a few months ago.  That's so awesome!  She's a beautiful girl inside and out.  I hope her future continues to grow.



Michael Fassbender was nominated, and although he lost, I called his nomination way back when I first saw the film.  Now, I must see Dallas Buyers Club because Jared Leto and Matthew McConaughey both took home Oscars for their work in the film.  I, also, must see Frozen which won best animated movie and best song (over "Happy"?  Seriously?), and so I'll understand the references one of my employees keeps making about the movie EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  Frozen must really be good to beat out Despicable Me 2.


All in all, the Oscars were marginally interesting, at least the parts that I actually watched.  I flipped back and forth between that and "Law and Order: SVU".  I was really only watching to see what Ellen was doing or saying and to catch a glimpse of Lupita.  I'm officially a Lupitan now (It's like being a Beyhive member, but actually being a stan for someone who can speak clearly and act).  Until next year or not because I can't guarantee that I'm watching next year, keep watching those movies and maybe, just maybe, Ellen will host again next year.  We'll all be...




No comments:

Post a Comment