Saturday, June 30, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - My kind of movie!

Historical fiction, vampires, blood, action...what more could a girl ask for in a movie?  Really, I think the only thing that was missing was the eye candy, but I'll get that tomorrow when I see Magic Mike.  Abraham Lincoln:  Vampire Hunter is a movie based off of the book by Seth Grahame-Smith with the same name.  The movie stars Benjamin Walker and other B and C-list actors and actresses.  It don't really care which list they reside as long as they put together a great movie, which they did.

I haven't read the book, but I plan to add it to my Kindle soon.  Incase you haven't read it either, you should.  It has become a cult classic.  This movie will too.  The movie follows Abraham Lincoln from a young boy who protects his black free-slave-friend unknowingly from a vampire slave trader.  This leads to his mother's death.  He continues to grow up with the thoughts of vengeance on his mind and has help in unlikely places.  We continue to follow his journey all the way through to his fateful trip to the theater all while hunting vampires.  And according to this story, the civil war not only has to do with slavery, but vampires wanting control of America.

What more can I say about this movie?  It was great!  I enjoyed it!  If you like Tim Burton movies, (he's a co-producer) then you will love this.  These vampires aren't Lestat like or even True Blood beautiful.  They are gritty and sinister!  Abraham Lincoln is honest and bad-ass swinging that ax better than Paul Bunyan ever did.  Need a change of pace from the big block-busters or kiddie movies? Go see this one.  Abraham Lincoln:  Vampire Hunter won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment